- The Grand Canyon – How many other states can claim to have one of the Natural Wonders of the World?
2. There are things you simply won’t see anywhere else. In the historic town of Oatman, Arizona, burros run the town – no kidding!
3. Living history – Arizona has towns that actually live out their history. Tombstone, Arizona is one such town where the residents dress and live the part.
4. Incredibly diverse scenery – you can go from the saguaro cacti of the Sonoran Desert to alpine meadows in just a few hours.
5. For the pure beauty of it – have you noticed the pictures? Here is one of our favorite roads to ride. It is called Oak Creek Canyon.
6. Thousands of miles of back highways and open riding – perfect for motorcycle touring and getting off the beaten path! In Arizona, you can ride just for the sake of riding. You don’t need a destination to provide entertainment, the beauty and diversity is enough to keep you entertained.
7. You are close to many other great destinations like the beaches of southern California, the mountains of Colorado, the casinos of Las Vegas, and the adventures found in Mexico. Start your motorcycle tour here and experience awesome Arizona on the way to your destination.
8. Great destinations right here in Arizona. We mentioned the Grand Canyon, Tombstone, Arizona – where the actual gunfight at the OK Corral took place with Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday, and crew, and Oatman, Arizona – where burros run the streets; but there are many more like: the Painted Desert, the Petrified National Forest, and various ghost towns.
9. Try this: Visit Arizona and take in a professional sports game: hockey, football, basketball, baseball, golf, whatever, then rent or take your motorcycle and ride through the ruggedly beautiful Sonoran desert. Ride north to higher elevations and alpine meadows – continue north and check out the Grand Canyon. Feeling lucky? Head over to Laughlin, Nevada (just across the NV – AZ border) and try your hand in the casinos. Ride back to Phoenix via any of the incredible back highways and catch another game before heading home. Sound pretty cool? It is!
10. Ride year-around! You can’t do this in very many states. When it’s snowing on the east coast and up north, it’s sunny and warm here!
10 Reasons to Tour Arizona on a Motorcycle
Bookmark the permalink.